Leg of Lamb
LEG OF LAMB (Boneless)
- 3/4 cup each dry red wine and soy sauce
- 4 large cloves of garlic, crushed
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 10 tablespoons coarsely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 1 butterflied leg of lamb (about 4 to 5 pounds)
- Combine the wine, soy sauce, garlic, pepper and 8 tablespoons parsley. Pour over lamb in a shallow dish. Refrigerate, covered, 6 hours or overnight, turning the lamb frequently. Remove lamb; reserve marinade.
- Grill lamb 4 inches above hot coals, about 20 minutes on each side, basting frequently. Check for doneness frequently after 30 minutes of grilling. Cut into thin slices on the diagonal, arrange on a platter and serve immediately, sprinkled with the remaining parsley.