2 Filet Mignons
4 slices of thick cut apple wood smoked bacon
- 2 onions thinly sliced
- 1 sprig of thyme
- 1 oz oil
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp brown sugar
- 3 egg yolks
- 2 tbsp water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsbp kosher salt
- 1 cup clarified butter
- 1/2 bu tarragon
- 1 shallot
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1/4 cup champagne vinegar
Serve with Roasted or Mashed Potatoes
1. Wrap filets with bacon and hold into place using a toothpick. Tip, Drive toothpick through meaty portion of bacon, meat will not melt away like fatty portion of bacon during the cooking process.
2. Season Filet with salt and pepper, sear in a sauté pan turning on all side (including bacon) till nicely browned
3. Place into oven at 350 and cook 8 minutes or cooked until desired temperature is reached.
1. Place all ingredients (except balsamic vinegar)in a pan and cook on very low heat for 45 minutes stirring occasionally.
2. When onions are browned add balsamic vinegar and remove from heat. Season with salt and pepper.
1. Over bain marie, in large bowl, combine yolks, water, lemon juice and salt. Whisk to sabayon until yolks are thick.
2. Place on towel and drizzle in melted butter. Butter should be warm only. Adjust with cold water.
3. Season and note balance for acid and salt.
4. Reduce tarragon, shallots, wine and vinegar till almost dry
5. Combine into hollandaise.