- 1 cup red wine
- ½ cup port wine
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 cup sliced red onions
- ½ cup very finely diced onion
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 lb ground pork
- 2 garlic cloves chopped fine
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp kosher salt
- 2 pinch black pepper
- Bring all liquids and sugar to a boil.
- Add Red Onions and turn down to a simmer for 3 minutes
- Pull off fire and allow onions to cool to room temperature.
- In a sauté pan cook onions gently until softened in oil and cumin, let cool.
- Combine remaing ingredients and mix well.
- Form into 1 oz balls.
- Sear in a pan until cooked about 2 minutes on each side.
Serve on Hot dog buns cut to pork burger size, top with onions.